Sunday 26 May 2013

Daniel Bryan's conversation with WWE Creative - as it is currently being played out in my mind...

Daniel Bryan's recent aggressive actions on Smackdown appears to be WWE Creative's way of saying:



Creative team staff:

"We are turning you heel soon. You will feud with Kane. You will still exist in mid-card hell despite being the second most over guy in the company. Vince just doesn't see anything in you. Yes I know the crowd still reacts to you - over a year after you came up with the Yes catchphrase. That is impressive. However, Vince didn't invent the catchphrase. You did. That was a big mistake. Anyway, after feuding with Kane, Vince will push you again since the Internet fans will be up in arms if we don't. But do not worry - he will try and kill your heat by making you lose in less than 60 seconds again at WrestleMania."



Daniel Bryan:

"Ok, I have no problems with that. I will do what I am told. However, you do realise that I could draw money for you by feuding with the likes of Randy Orton, John Cena, Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho. I think the fans react positively to me as a face or heel."


Creative team staff:

"I know, but Vince does not understand you. You are small with no muscles. And you have a goat face."



Daniel Bryan: 

"Yes, but that is the gimmick you gave me!"



Creative team staff:

"Yes... well... Vince does enjoy some comedy."



Daniel Bryan: 

"Look... I think it is important that the WWE offers something for everyone. There is still a market out there for good quality wrestling. There are fans out there who will buy into the product if you let me wrestle."



Creative team staff:

"Oh no - you are not allowed to say that w word. You are an entertainer. NOT a wrestler. How many times have we been through this?"



Daniel Bryan: 

"I am MMA trained - there is a potential crossover audience there who will invest in our product."



Creative team staff:


"Oh... MMA and UFC - it is not competition for us. Vince said so..."



Daniel Bryan: 

"I have some ideas of how you could book me... I have mapped them out. Could you at least show them to  Vince?"



Creative team staff:

"Ummm well that is not a good idea. The last Head of Creative only lasted 6 weeks. Vince is in a bad mood - and he has already decided what to do with you for the next year. You see, we at WWE pride ourselves on long term planning. We know how to book money making feuds."



*crickets chirping in the background*

No comments:

Post a Comment